Saturday, May 26, 2007

NS story

guys who went NS.. sure got stories to tell.. somehow my classmates were curious to know what i do as a police..

i stare blankly at them and say, "play with dog lor!!" and also carry on about different job scope and places of deployment.. i also told them that we need to train the dog these commands, "Sit.." "Down.." "Stand.." and "Stay.." and we also use these commands on ourselves when the place that we deployed to, have nothing to do.. cannot play handheld games, cannot bring hp, cannot bring newspaper.. the only place that dont allow all these things is prisons.. and no, i didnt get to woman prison or the changi prison..

the prisons i went was queenstown remand prison, kaki bukit centre, and 2 more.. i forgotten the name but i know where is it.. haha..

Once i reach the deployment point, i take out the walkie-talkie, put on the table and command myself, "Sit" "Down" and the last command will be, with the snap of my finger, "Sleep"

That's my story as a dog handler.. not interesting right.. but the next 2 incidents make me abit regret my choice of going to dog unit..

i was on duty as a driver at the extreme east of the island.. so supervisor required me to drive to HQ, which is at the northern part of Singapore to fetch my colleagues and his dog.. straight away shoot through PIE.. so i was cruising at a normal speed in the middle lane at BKE.. then saw this malaysian lorry.. ROAD HOGGING in the middle lane.. bloody hell, driver sleepy is it or donno how to keep to left lane?? my instincts tell me that it was not the case, so i signal to the left lane and catch up with the lorry.. the very first sight that greeted me was the driver talking on his hp, without knowing that a police truck was at his side.. at that time, police was quite strict with drivers who talk on the phone while driving.. i keep staring at him while on the wheels.. i dont want to horn him, i want to give him a surprise..

he did a double take when he saw me.. lol.. he quickly put his hp down.. and i show him the body language, "Why? what so special that you able to talk on the phone while driving?" then he apologise.. i did not stop him, i just literally give him a second chance, i look again at his direction for awhile before picking up speed.. then from my rear-view mirror, he signal to the left.. my mind was thinking, "hai.. phone call so important meh??"

do you know what my colleague tell me when i told him about the incident?

"wah.. so good.. can use the authority to stare at people without kana complain.. i want also dont have.."

second incident.. again deployed as a driver.. i was on the way to do errands and stop at a T-junction.. the car infront of me didnt move at all despite no car.. "oi.. kin leh.. dont take your own sweet time.. got something to do leh.." and horn the bugger infront.. i think the driver saw the "POLICE" sign big big in front of his rear view mirror.. guess what he do next?? drive off??

he buckled up his seat belt.. wah lao.. im not TP lah.. at that time, i also didnt buckled up my seat belt.. then he drive off.. i overtake him and give him a confused look.. he dont dare to look up.. lol..

wearing the uniform never feels so proud!!

i think i should have gone for traffic police instead of dog unit.. sure hit the quota one.. haha..

1. never buckled up seat belt
2. driving while talking on a hp
3. driving under the influence of alcohol
4. if only this is implemented, signal!! hai..

No comments: