Thursday, October 09, 2008

Seed Planted

A few days back, Jaywalk asked me this question, "How come you have a sudden interest in US economy?"

The only answer i could come up with, "I dont know, maybe my tutor have planted the seed that got me interested in global economies issues."

Before that, if anyone ask me about current affairs and economies issues, i will give a dumbfounded face and say, "Huh?"

After one year (which is 2 semesters) of hearing the same tutor talking about economies issues, asking us to read the papers daily, surf the internet to catch the latest news just so that we are able to, at least, answer the questions that she have set in the exams paper. I think that how the interest comes about.

I may not get the full picture of the whole situation though i try to understand as much as possible. I understand what sub-prime or credit crunch have caused to the US economy especially to US banks to go under or bought by the government. The bailout was an intervention from the government although the US promotes free trade. There is no 100% free trade or having laissez faire system, again quoted by my tutor. If i dont understand, i sms my tutor. I dont think she really mind about it.

Oh, she was also the one that made sarcastic remarks when i first attend her class. How time and impression changes overtime. Hope you are not annoyed when i sms or mentioned about the past.

No comments: