Saturday, January 19, 2008

Food expedition

I recalled an incident when i worked part-time at a government agency after reading this particular post..

It was the last 2 weeks of my work when my colleagues decide to try something new as they are tired of the food from the MSC (Multi-Story Carpark) and nearby foodcourts.. So they decided to try at Vivocity

after buying our food and starting to eat, i was the one that started asking the prices of the food from 4 colleagues (3 girls and 1 guy).. all the girls replied reasonable pricing from their food and when i turn around and ask the guy, "how much is your food(malay rice with chicken and 2 vegetables)?"

"You guess!" was the reply.
"$3.50?"
"No.."
"$4??"
"More than that.." at this time, my eyebrows began to move up north..
"I think you tell me the price.."
"$7!!!" after hearing it, i nearly choked on the noodles.. Never ever in my life have i heard a plate of malay rice cost $7..

He mentioned the queue was not as long as the other stalls, so he buy from this particular stall (so long liao, forget the stall name..) And willing to pay that kind of price? Man, he could have just make up an excuse and say, "erm, i think i forgot to bring enough money today" or "wtf, so expensive, im not going to pay for this plate of rice.."

I told him in a jokingly manner after hearing it, "this plate of rice, you must eat until damn clean, cannot leave a grain of rice behind, nor a single piece of meat to be spotted.. chew slowly and finely until everything goes into your blood system.. and avoid going to the toilet for 2 days.. just to justified that the price is worth it.."

the girls were also shocked at what my guy colleague have say and laughed at the suggestion i have given to him..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since im blogging about food.. i wonder if i blog something that happen to my school canteen a few days back.. will it have any effect?? yeah i know i have no picture to prove but i saw it with my own eyes..

one of my classmate bought a plate of rice with 2 vegetables and 1 meat.. it has nothing to do with the pricing.. i dont want to mention which stall but the above description is as good as revealing it..

he eat halfway throughly and he saw something black.. he didnt think of anything as he thought it was a bone and just leave it to one side.. the plate was 3/4 finished when he decided to check what that thing.. and it was a baby cockroach..

"wah lan eh, i want to puke out sia!!" my friend's face turn green when he saw the insect..
"bring the plate and show them, and then make a complain.."

my friend went and show the seller the unique finding, and come back with a new plate with the same ingredients.."

"she say it was a fly that went into the food.."
"HUH?!? the baby cockroach looks cooked to me.. ask her to try that 'fly'.." shoot back my reply..
"now must make a thorough check on the rice liao.."
"you still got appetite to eat?" i ask with a puzzled tone..

luckily i have not patronized that stall since i step into this school.. neither will i do that in the future.. same goes for my friends..

No comments: