Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Bus woes

Gee, i never know a particular bus driver is so passionate and so "siao-on" in his job. For two days in a row, i got spot checked by the same bus driver when going for work.

First day, after tapping the card on the ez-link reader, "Ti-ti"

Bus driver: "Can i see your card?"

Hands my ez-link card over and my initial thought was, "Do i look like bus cheat to you? Im a student who is working part time during the holidays. And im using bus concession."

(For those who donno about paying fare using ez-link, adult ez-link goes "Ti" while children, elderly and those on concession goes, "Ti-ti" and there are several cases where adults using children ez-link cards to pay for the bus fare.)

After 5 minutes of checking my card and verifying my face, bus driver returns me the card.

Second day, saw the same bus driver again but somehow i have a feeling he will check my card again.

True enough, after tapping my card, he ask for my card. "WTF! you cant recognize me. yesterday you just check my card and now you check again."

I have to give him the benefit of the doubt as he make the same trip over and over again and thousands of passengers have board and alight the bus. But if im the only one that got checked by him for 2 days in a row, i think he deserve an award for forgetting me, and another award for showing passion for his job.

And no, im not a bus cheat. And im also wont board his bus when i went for work today. I wait for another one to come.

No comments: