Monday, April 07, 2008

The Handbrake Episode

Yesterday i received a sms from Shirley asking me to come down to her place at once. I was like, "for what?" but then again, since i have nothing to do, i just popped by her place as requested.

Then she told me, "Let go for a joy ride."
"What joy ride?"
"Oh, i passed my driving test on the 1st attempt."
*glups* "And you ask me to be your first passenger?"
"Not really, my parents are the first."
"But why me?"
"Aiya, you are the only one that i know that have a driving licence for more than 5 years."
Not a very good excuse in the first place, but then i preparing myself mentally fearing for the worst.

Once in the car, she start the engine. Being a newbie, her first time jitters shown. "You sure your parents are the first passengers?"
"Yes, why?"
"You look very nervous. Just relax lah."
After i buckle my seat belt, she mumbled herself about the procedures in checking blind spots, shifted gear and step on the clutch and accelecrator. But the car wont move.
"Eh, why the car never move?"
I thought of something amiss when i saw the handbrake is still engaged. By then i began to chuckle.

She repeat the procedures again and again but still never notice the handbrake. I began to laugh out loud until i have to unbuckle the seat belt and continue laughing until buey lin chu (cannot recognise face)

"Oi, what so funny? I getting fed up already when the car not moving, you still laughing?"
"hahaahahaha, you, hahahha, should, hahahaha, look, hahahaha, at, ahahahhah, your, hahahaha, handbrake."
"wah lao, you good, and thanks for the laughter, you make me feel at ease."

bwahahaahahaahaha. by then, the damages already done. I was laughing throughout the whole journey and back. And i was impressed with her driving skills and vindicated my doubt. I ask her to send me back home for brightening up my day. And before i step out of the car, "remember the handbrake!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*cough*... you could actually still *ahem* m.o.v..e..*cough* off with the handbrake engaged...

You only spoil your "dun-know-what-you-call-it" system, if
1) you persist in driving with the handbrake engaged even after hearing weird sound and sensing restrictions (and then later you will smell something weird when you alight from your car... burnt... lubber... and stuff); and
2) if you always forget to release the handbrake..

garylee402 said...

i know the car will still move, but that time no matter how she try to move the car, it still wont move. guess the car dont like her ba. that was a priceless moment for me.