Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back!!

Just back from Batam with my tutor and 61 others. It was a non-school activity. Actually it was a one-night stay but due to Vesak Day and lots of locals going back, we have to stay another night at there. I wasnt really bothered about the hiccup as i get to know my tutor more. Hehehehe..

Traffic was chaotic but in an orderly manner. There were very few traffic lights. The first time i experience the way they drive, my balls were in my mouth. Singaporean drivers will stop immediately when they see the front car stop and then move off again. But not for them, they wont stop even if the front car stop, they somehow have this instinct that the car will move off straight away. And when they stop, the bumper of the front car CANNOT be see. Their driving skills literally put me at ease after a few rides with them.

Food was fantastic. Thank God that i didnt have any problem. We even saw A&W there. Man, the thought of waffles with ice cream just couldnt stop me. *slurps*

The hosts were equally fantastic. We only pay for the ferry ride, and the rest they handle. Food, accommodation and transport.

We shopped for clothes and i went there literally a rich man. hahahha, due to the currency exchange. S$50 = Rupiah$32500. (S$1 = Rupiah$6600)

There will be a part two and pictures.

No comments: