Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fast walker

A few weeks back, one of my friend commented that i walk very fast. I walk very fast not because i wanted to, but is due to my NS stint that my walking speed a tad too fast to catch up.

During my NS, i was attached to prison where we have to do prowling along the prison perimeters. You all could imagine how big a prison is, and to walk round the perimeter requires at least 1 hour to walk finish.

There will be a prison officer to accompany me and my dog during the prowling. There are 2 timings to the prowling. One is in the evening when there is a change in personnel. The other one is at night which i have to do 2 times which is around in the middle of the night and before the change of personnel again.

Most of us dread the timing of the prowling whenever there is a change of personnel because the prison officers are going home on the dot. Even my dog pants heavily when we finish the prowling.

So if i walk quite fast, you all could ask me to slow down one, just that im used to it already.

No comments: