Friday, April 01, 2005

Funny story

Lying on a cold hospital bed in an intensive care unit, suffering from an epidemic disease that threaten to wipe out the whole of mankind, i was a victim. Faint heart beat, no sign of hope, no sign of miracle. Family and loved ones were around me, dressed up in surgical suits to prevent them in contact with any infection on me. Some prayed, some talk, some cried, but never give up hope on me till my heart pump to the very last.

Mom was heart-wretched, she couldnt see the sight of her flesh and blood eroded away every minute. She know that her beloved is a fighter, even the cells are fighting hard for me to stay alive. In a desperate move, she removed the mask and give me a kiss. A kiss of life. A kiss of miracle waiting to be happen. A kiss to keep me fighting. A kiss that my body is getting some feeling back due to the injection of antibiotic to keep me numb and drowsy.

For a minute, it was silence around the room as Brother saw my eyes open and shouted, "look, he's awake." All my loved ones lunged forward to verify that i indeed awake. Some were shocked, some couldnt believe their eyes. But all in the end, happy for me that i have fought a good battle against the disease. I couldnt get to see the joy on their faces, the smile and laughter due to the masks that they wore.

Doctors checked on me and say, "Son, you are a miracle. Before that, we ask your parents to prepare for the worst. But now, as we did a through check-up, we find that you are in a pink bill of health. Unbelievable!!"

"Erm..?!?" i asked as i flash a weak smile to the doctors.
"Yes? Anything wrong?" asked the doctors.
"I need to pee." I say in embrassment.

Echos of laughter were heard in the unit.


Donno how is this story..hehe.. just wrote it for fun.. my phone bill this month will hit a record.. sigh.. 3 calls.. incoming i dont mind.. outgoing my mother will mind.. hai.. i think i can hear the nagging now...

movie price going to increase..haha.. it doesnt going to put me off just because of that.. i got no comments at this moment of time till it really happens..

oh, anyone see the article in the newspaper? about a christian lawyer giving up on God, giving up on her career, gives up everything even her family, till her son saves her.. she describes her life, her upbringing, everything in it.. i feel very inspired about it..hehe.. and her moral of it is: Every dark cloud have a silver lining.

No comments: