Monday, March 07, 2005

NS dilemma

argh.. im facing an even worse problem now.. im in a dilemma.. sigh.. today had a meeting with my officer regarding about taking dogs because the 117th intake is coming in anytime this week..

i ask my officer, "if i agree to take dogs, what dogs will i get to take?"
and the reply was, "i dont know.." kao..now i know why so many people hate to hear this answer..and he gives us till wednesday to give him the answer..

if i say yes, i will get security dogs..which i dont like..i dont want to go to prisons just to walk around the perimeter with my dog..

if i say no, i will be stuck in base guard.. no life..and is letting my life to rot for nothing for 1 1/2 yrs..

if i say yes but i want to be on the waiting list for narcotic detector dogs..wonder what will my officer reaction be?

before he go back home after office hrs, he ask me again, "how is it?"
"i donno, sir..but the probability of getting security dogs is higher than narcotic detector dogs.."
"where you live? do you have any idea that base guard is the most glamourous duty in k-9?"
"around balestier area..huh..i cannot sit down and do nothing..im a restless person.."
"you want narcotic detector dogs, right? i give you"
"haha..sir, your assurance not very convincing leh.."
and what he did next prove me right..he give me an evil smile..

come on, give me something that makes my national service an enjoyable one.. 5 months of regimental training and 3 months of base guard duty doesnt make my life colourful..to me, is very dull and all around it is black and white to me..just give in this request for me..

worse come to worse, i might opt for driver pool.. doesnt seem to have a destiny with dogs..dont ask me to sign on.. government have let me down very terribly.. sign on only prolongs your suffering..so what we earn 4-5 times of what a normal ns man's allowance get yet cant get the satisafaction that you and i wanted to have..

hai..no mood to talk.. after i know my verdict on wednesday, then i decide what to do next.. government give us 2 yrs of allowance to do nothing.. i dont think is enough lor.. i mean, why dont you provide for us when we intend to use that time to study..sigh..i think im an anti-government liao..

No comments: